CCPA Privacy Notice
State of California Privacy Notice
(As Prescribed by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)
Effective Date: 25th August, 2021
Scope of this Privacy Notice
These California Resident Privacy Notice terms and conditions (“Privacy Notice”) are effective 25th August, 2021, 2021 and supplement the information contained in Shipthis Inc.’s governing website Privacy Statement. This Privacy Notice applies solely to consumers who are California residents.
A. Shipthis Inc. and its affiliates (that include Onder Shipthis Technologies Private Limited) (hereinafter referred to as “Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”), endeavor to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information with which we are entrusted. This California Resident Privacy Notice outlines the personal information we collect or process about California residents in connection with the services we provide or offer specifically to you as a consumer, including through any site, application, or product that links to this Privacy Notice (the “Service”), how we use, share, and protect that personal information, and what your rights are with respect to your personal information that we gather and process.
B. In this California Resident Privacy Notice, “personal information” has the same meaning as under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”): information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
C. Under certain circumstances, we may collect your personal information for the Service pursuant to a contract we have with a commercial client (our “Client”). In such instances, we may be acting as a “service provider” and are obligated to process the personal information we collect or are provided in connection with the Service in accordance with instructions from or the contract with our Client, which is the “business” ultimately responsible for determining how your personal information will be handled. Accordingly, if you are using the Service in connection with your role as an employee of our Client, or by virtue of some other relationship with our Client, we encourage you to review that Client’s privacy notice to understand the full scope of how your personal information will be handled. Further, in any case where we are acting as a service provider to a Client, if you or your authorized agent (together referred to hereinafter, where applicable, as “you”) wish to exercise any rights that may be available to you under certain data privacy laws (for example, the right to access or deletion under the CCPA if you are a resident of California as described below), you should direct your request to our Client, who is the party responsible for receiving, assessing, and responding to your requests. You have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA (which may include our Client with whom you have a relationship) disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. In addition, you have the right to ask such businesses to delete personal information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If the business sells personal information, you have a right to opt-out of that sale. Finally, a business cannot discriminate against you for exercising a CCPA right. Please note that we do not have any legal obligation, and, notwithstanding anything in this Privacy Notice to the contrary, may elect not, to respond to your requests. If you are not certain whether we are acting as a service provider to a Client in your particular circumstance, we urge you to contact us through one of the methods described at the end of this Privacy Notice.
D. We may use or share de-identified information that is not reasonably likely to identify you for commercially legitimate business purposes. We do not sell personal information to any third parties and have not done so in the preceding 12 months.
E. Please note that the CCPA contains certain carve-outs or exemptions. This Privacy Notice does not apply to:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
F. Furthermore, personal information does not include:
• Until January 1, 2021, information regarding job applicants, employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors, emergency contact information from the same, and information necessary for us to administer benefits to the same.
• Until January 1, 2021, information we obtain from a consumer acting on behalf of a company and whose communications with us occur solely within the context of us conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from another company.
• Information or organizations excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including medical information governed by the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), protected health information collected by a covered entity or business associate governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), or personal information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed pursuant to certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (DPPA).
G. Lastly, consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you a different quality of services.
Updates to this Policy
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review upon your request. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com